Sunday, September 27, 2015

Harvest Moon Festival at USC Pacific Asia Museum
















I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never been to the USC Pacific Asia Museum in Pasadena, even though I've lived in the area for 14+ years. Until tonight, that is. I came for the Harvest Moon Festival and was blown away by the celebration in the courtyard.

I thoroughly enjoyed several traditional Chinese dances, sampled moon cakes and tea, and heard musical instruments I'd never experienced before. The children there were making Vietnamese lanterns out of recycled water bottles. Everyone seemed to be having a great time!

The galleries were also open, and I definitely need to plan some time to take a more in-depth look around. I especially liked their hands-on children's space, and I learned quite a bit about trade along the Silk Road. It was my first visit, but definitely not my last!

Click here for their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment