Sunday, March 8, 2015

On The Thirty










I'm meeting my dear friend from Denver for lunch at On The Thirty on Ventura Boulevard in Sherman Oaks, and we want something, well, Amaze Balls!

Word on the street tells me that saying "amaze balls!" is the modern whippersnapper's version of Jeff Spicoli's "awesome, totally awesome!" And these Amaze Balls were just that!! Imagine shredded potatoes, gruyere and cream cheese, bacon and prosciutto, and jalapeƱo rolled in panko and deep-fried, then drizzled with basil aioli. Wowza, and that was just the appetizer!














For my main course, I went with the appropriately-themed Ides of March pizza. Atop a most heavenly crust, that's pesto, provolone, ricotta, and grilled chicken layered with romaine, Caesar dressing, and parmesan reggiano. Yes, I think I covered the whole cheese aisle with my choices!! And, beware the Ides of March only if you aren't prepared with some stretch pants!

Who wants to gain thirty or so pounds with me?!

Click here for On The Thirty's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment