Sunday, June 17, 2012

Roadtrip 2012: Williams, AZ

My last day on the road after a night in Holbrook, Arizona. I'm bummed that the teepees are sold out, as that would be a fine way to cap off the trip.
















As if I hadn't eaten enough pork across America, I was craving a good BLT. This one from Goldie's Route 66 Diner in Williams, Arizona near the Grand Canyon did the trick. The secret was a zingy horseradish sauce, and marble rye always wins me over! Only a few hours left now until I can park Lovey in her regular spot.














Twelve states (California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky and Indiana going north and east, and Illinois, Missouri and Kansas heading south and west until reconnecting in Oklahoma) and 4,600+ miles of fun across America are coming to an end. Who's up for the next one?!

Goldie's does not have a Web site. Street address is 425 E. Route 66 in Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment