Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Roadtrip 2012: Cadillac Ranch and Big Texan

Day two, and Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo was my first stop. I've driven by multiple times but never stopped by to leave my mark on the 10 Cadillacs "stonehenged" into a dirt field.
















My SL artwork and purple and green cans of spraypaint. Be advised that paint fumes are pretty intense, and that you need to bring your own stash since there's nowhere close to purchase any.




















My stylized bagpipe graffiti, tagged on another Cadillac.
















Note that within 10 minutes of my SL mark, another artist had already painted over it! That's how quick things change at Cadillac Ranch.


With spraypaint still wet on my hands, I drove 15 miles to the Big Texan for this delicious filet. The first time I ate there, I contemplated the Big Texan challenge: 72 oz. steak, salad, shrimp cocktail, baked potato and dinner roll all eaten within 60 minutes. And, how you couldn't just polish off the meal, you would have to work up to it, sort of like training for a marathon. And, how I could probably eat the huge meal before I could run 26.2 miles. Well, as you may know, I've since completed four full and six half marathons!














These guys are taking on the challenge, but I couldn't stay to see what happened. Anyone know if they cleaned their plates?!














On day two, I stopped in Shamrock, TX (more to come on Shamrock!).

Click here to go to Big Texan's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment