Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Roadtrip 2012: Georgetown Drive-in

After several whirlwind days of Relaying, White Castles and Culver's Butter Burgers, zombie-watching marathon of "The Walking Dead," Jeep fine-tuning courtesy of my brother, playing "It's A Long Way to the Top" on pipes with my nephew on guitar, and rummaging through Mom's attic for some long-neglected treasures, my final Indiana activity was the Georgetown Drive-in. We grew up going to the drive-in both with our Dad while he was working and later with our friends. This is a super-fun activity I've missed over the years, and my rockin' nephew came along for his first drive-in opportunity.
















They were playing some good movies as you can see. We went with "Prometheus" and "Snow White and the Huntsman," for the bargain price of $9.




















Have you ever been to a drive-in? These old-school speakers provide the sound, or you can also listen over your car radio. I don't know why you would, but you could. I won't spill any beans, but this is a shot from "Prometheus." Go see both these films, at a drive-in if you can find one!

Click here to go to Georgetown Drive-in's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment