Thursday, August 5, 2010

Umami Burger












Remember my reference to fancy-schmancy burgers in my Bob's Big Boy post? Here's a perfect example of a burger you won't find on a diner menu.

This burger from Umami was fabulous! It is the Spanish Burger: fresh ground lamb, saffron aioli, roasted red pepper hash, rioja sauce and baby wild arugula. Behind, spot the sweet potato fries and the triple-cooked (!) hand cut fries. Last September, I posted about the Belgian frites at Oinkster, which are double cooked. Triple cooked fries = extra fancy-schmancy!

Umami is a Japanese term for the fifth taste, another taste in addition to sweet, salty, sour and bitter. I'm not even sure what that means. I do know that this burger tasted good, and that's good enough for me.

Click here to go to Umami's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment