Monday, August 23, 2010

La Grande Orange Café

La Grande Orange (LGO) Café in Old Town Pasadena has their own spin on the "plus one" perk of being on a guest list. On Mondays and Tuesdays, they have a fantastic dinner offer of buy one entree, get the second for $5. Sweet!

As person number two of the deal, here you see my $5 meal: Dixie Pan-Fried Chicken. The description said "crispy chicken with mashed potatoes served warm - picnic style." It was delicious! I've done a lot of picnics in my day, and none were as fancy as this. No gingham napkins here, but the surprise cinnamon roll resting atop the potatoes and green beans definitely made my day.

LGO is located in the 1935 Del Mar train station, now the Gold Line metro stop, and you can imagine the long wooden benches, valises, and passengers filling what is now the dining room. Snap back to reality, and you'll see folks in padded booths with laptops and cell phones, and others patiently waiting for the next available table. It's a fun mental juxtaposition.

Check out their menu, and let me know when you want to be my plus one!

Click here to go to La Grande Orange Café's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment