Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Market Grill

So, I continue with the monster theme. Today, it's The Angry Beast at The Market Grill, a tiny surprise east of Old Town Monrovia. Here's the setup: you have to go through the liquor store, cash only, then there are just 14 seats in the place. Yes, it's kind of sketchy but totally worth the seek and find!

This monster sandwich is made of roast beef, swiss cheese, grilled onions, roasted green chiles, fresh spinach and horseradish mayo on grilled rye. And, that's not your typical scary potato salad sidled up to the Beast; it's a minted lemon potato salad and is a delight all its own! (See, I can manage my it's and its!)

Take a look at their menu. I saw most of the dishes that day (remember, there are only 14 seats so you'll get to know your neighbors), and everything looked and smelled amazing! I can't decide if it's a good or bad thing, but they didn't have their specialty chocolate chip and bacon cookies that day. You know I'll be roarin' back to The Market Grill very soon!

Click here for The Market Grill's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment