Monday, March 28, 2011

Mad For Hats! at the Pasadena Museum of History

I missed out on the hats bandwagon. Yes, I had my embellished berets in the '80s, but since then the bucket hats to keep the sun off my face, and my running hat with the team's logo are merely functional. Nevertheless, it was great fun to go see Mad For Hats! at the Pasadena Museum of History, where it was all about form.

In some of the 100 vintage chapeaus displayed, dating from the 1860s to the 1960s, I imagined myself playing adult dress-up. How much fun it would be to be a lady who lunches while wearing little gloves and fashionable hats!

Go see for yourself, and let me know which is your favorite. Mine was a coral number with rubbery-bulby looking things dangling off of it. Seriously, it was adorable! You can be Mad for Hats! through June 12.

Click here to go to Pasadena Museum of History's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment