Saturday, September 4, 2010

Great Harvest Bread Co.













It's International Bacon Day, so I felt obligated to celebrate with the rest of the world the wonders of cured and fried pork strips. I've been meaning to try the new Great Harvest Bread Co. in South Pasadena after several pleasing experiences at the Great Harvest in Thousand Oaks. To my antici(say it!)pation and delight, my local shop has a BLT panini on the menu.

Here you see the grill marks toasting the Dakota bread with the pepita seeds and hearty grains. Almost a healthy sandwich, I could tell myself! Especially since there's garlic and herb spread instead of artery-clogging mayo. With six strips of bacon and good tomatoes and lettuce, this was a fab way to celebrate the international holiday.

What food are we celebrating next?!

Click here to go to Great Harvest's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment