Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bamboo Cuisine

I was going to lunch with my new work BFF. New in the sense that I've just started this job, but he and I worked together years ago at another gig and it has been great fun reconnecting! The "where to eat" conversation went something like this: Me: "What do you have a taste for?" BFF: "There's Italian, the healthy place, or there's Chinese..." and then again "and, there's Chinese..." until I finally got it that we should get Chinese.

What a fine recommendation it was: Bamboo Cuisine on Ventura Boulevard in Sherman Oaks. Parking in the back was the first score. The second was seeing the Dry Sauteed String Beans on someone else's table and knowing that they would be at my table tout de suite. They were awesome, and, served up with the hot and sour soup and crispy salad with the kick-y vinaigrette as part of the special, lunch was about $10.

My fortune cookie should've said: "Just listen to BFF next time so you'll get to eat sooner!"

Click here to go to Bamboo's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment