Thursday, March 25, 2010

Señor Fish













I was doing my Census Bureau training yesterday, and one of my colleagues came back from lunch with an Arby's cup. I started on the "ummmm, Arby's" tangent, strategizing if I should go after class, or if I should go for lunch tomorrow. On my drive home, I snapped back to reality and remembered that I both shun fast food from chain restaurants and have a responsibility as the Cruise Director to eat someplace bloggable. Today, that place was Señor Fish.

Señor Fish has several locations around town. South Pasadena took care of me this visit, and I've also eaten at the one in Little Tokyo. I went with the two taco combo with the beans and rice, selecting an Ensenada-style fish and a potato version. Dang! Where do I start?! The fish taco was fantastic: lightly battered huge chunks of fish with loads of cabbage, sauce and tomatoes that tore right through the two corn tortillas. Then there was the awesome potato taco. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it turned out to be a potato wedge wrapped inside a tortilla then fried and topped with the cabbage and fixins. Following up with the beans and rice, and I was one happy gal asking "Arby's who?"

Click here to go to their Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment