Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tito's Tacos

Every now and again I get a Tito's Tacos craving and make the drive to the westside. Tito's, in Culver City, has a few quirkies that make their tacos unlike any other. First off, I love that they offer tacos with or without cheese, for a 50¢ difference. Which may explain why they give out 50¢ coins as change. Plus, their salsa is almost like a puree. All the flavor and spices, but soooo smooth you could almost drink it. Speaking of drinks, they have pea-sized ice balls in the sodas instead of crushed or cubed ice. Trust me, it makes a difference. Tito's dates back to 1959; I've been a fan since the early 90s when I lived in Venice. The place always has a line but it is always worth the wait. This is a rare shot of barely a line, as it was taken pre-lunch rush, and I took advantage for 3 tacos with cheese, an icy root beer, and a happy tummy as I got back on the 10.

Click here to go to their Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment