Thursday, June 25, 2009

Staycation: South Pasadena Farmer's Market

The South Pasadena Farmer's Market is unlike any farmer's market I've visited, at least locally. I selected this picture to show the families and friends hanging out, bringing blankets, getting their food and settling in for awhile. This doesn't happen at Sierra Madre, Alhambra or Villa Park markets. Maybe it's the Thursday late afternoon-early evening schedule? Don't know why, but I know it's been this way since I've been going.

Like these folks, I generally go for dinner, which is usually some yummy tamale variation from Corn Maiden, and maybe a roasted ear of corn. I might buy some produce, but not always. But, I almost always run into someone I know. So, dinner, al fresco, with hundreds of my neighbors? I'll see you there!

Click here to go to their Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment