Saturday, June 6, 2009

Randy's Donuts

Yesterday was National Donut Day. Several friends mentioned this to me, and each time I said "You're going to Randy's Donuts, right?" I got equal shares of "heck yeah" and confused stares.

How could someone not know about Randy's Donuts?!

Randy's, my esteemed 24-hour drive-through donut shop in Inglewood near LAX, dates back to 1953, and it has a 32-foot donut on the roof. What else do I need to say?

The Chicago Salvation Army rolled out Donut Day in 1938 to raise funds for their programs. Randy's made a donation for each donut sold on National Donut Day to the Salvation Army. I celebrated with a Boston cream (Randy's version is shaped like a long john instead of the the typical round shape -- I think there are more custardy bites that way!) and a chocolate raised. And, hopefully, I've raised some awareness on the awesomeness that is Randy's.

Click here to go to their Web site.

1 comment:

  1. Ok Susan, you are having just too much fun which I certainly do not deny you, however, where are the invites to join in? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete