Sunday, May 31, 2009

Homegirl Cafe and Homeboy Bakery

I'm strong to the finich cause I drinks me spinach... and this is just one reason to visit the Homegirl Cafe and Homeboy Bakery. Angela's Green Potion, actually lemonade with mint and spinach, is worthy of a visit on its own. However, once you realize that the non-profit Homeboy Industries focuses all its divisions (cafe, bakery, silk screen/embroidery and maintenance businesses, merchandising) on gang intervention and re-entry, your reason to stop is now two-fold. While savoring the Potion (granted, a boggish-looking beverage), a massive plate of breakfast arrived. This is the Chilaquiles plate with the tomatillo salsa and cojita cheese, roasted potatoes and scrambled eggs. If I took an after photo, this plate would be cleaned and the glass would be drained. And just to make sure my meal wasn't a fluke, I sampled a few treats from the Bakery, and grand-slam-home-run all were amazing! Located literally across the tracks from the Chinatown Goldline station and easily accessible, I can't wait to get back to try the lunch menu and more of the baked goodies.

Click here to go to their Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment