Saturday, May 9, 2009

Nickel Diner

OK, I wasn't planning on doing another foodie posting quite so soon, but after a meal at the Nickel Diner on Main Street downtown, I had to reconsider. I went with a group of 10, and there were no unhappy campers. I split a Lowrider burger with poblano chili and pepperjack cheese and the Smac and Cheese with such creamy, croutony yumminess you just smile as your arteries are clogging on the spot. Desserts are also stellar. Our group shared s'mores cake (smelled like you were sitting by the campfire once lit up with the blowtorch), red velvet cake, and my rock star of the pastry planet right now - salt peanut cake. Peanut butter, chocolate and I think crunched-up potato chips. Need I say more?! Shown here is their version of a Pop Tart. They also have a Ding Dong on the menu. Not to worry, I'll let you know how these are as I will be back. They have catfish on the menu, and it's purring my name already.

Click here to go to their Web site.

1 comment: