Thursday, May 21, 2009

Gerlach's Grill

Why am I showing a liquor store? Well, because attached to Gerlach's liquor store is Gerlach's Grill, home of the best salmon tacos in the universe! Gerlach's, near the border of Pasadena/South Pasadena, is better known as the "drive in" liquor store. Notice the yellow arrows on the paving to direct your driving from Fair Oaks and Glenarm. Whenever I notice my omega-3 meter is running low, the Grill is my first thought. Their salmon tacos are awesome, with the salmon burger -- an actual slab of grilled salmon and not the flaked canned stuff -- a very close second as I'm deciding what's for dinner. Note that it is primarily take-out service, with a ledge and a few green plastic tables for eating outside in the parking area. The liquor store has a good selection of snackies and sodas, in addition to the hard stuff. I have been known to place an order, step next door for a pack of Sno Balls and a jug of milk, come back for my food and be content the whole night long.

No Web site at this time. Street address is 1075 Fair Oaks Avenue, Pasadena 91105. Cross street is Glen Arm. Phone is 626-799-7575.

No comments:

Post a Comment