Sunday, May 3, 2009

Clifton's Cafeteria

My first venture into the fine dining options available in LA has to be Clifton's Cafeteria! Located on Broadway between the historic theatres, Clifton's is the coolest cafeteria I've ever been to. In addition to the classic plastic trays sliding on metal tracks and little bowls of bean salad and my beloved confetti jello, Clifton's is decorated like a redwood forest with carved bears and flowing streams. My favorite spot is the second floor, preferably on the railing, where I can see the moose head nestled in the trees and the glowing moon and owl. Word on the street is that Mr. Walt Disney himself frequented Clifton's when he was an animator, and it served as his inspiration for Disneyland. Oh, and at Christmas, just imagine the bonus decorations on all the trees. Then go see it for yourself.

Click here to go to their Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment