Friday, February 10, 2012

Pat & Lorraine's Coffee Shop

Lovey, my 2002 Jeep Liberty, needs a check-up. Her engine light has been going on and off for a week or so, and I happen to need a smog check for this year's registration. Supporting the Mom and Pop shops, I went to an independent garage in Eagle Rock. To wait out the diagnosis and service, I walked over to Pat & Lorraine's Coffee Shop on Eagle Rock Boulevard, south of Colorado. Talk about an independent joint!

For starters, the interior is delightfully thrift store chic with framed "art" of produce, a velvet-worthy painting of James Dean, Elvis, Marilyn Monroe and Humphrey Bogart at Rick's Bar, shelves of dolls in Mexican costumes next to models of classic cars, and pictures of THE Eagle Rock. You may also recognize it from the opening scene of "Reservoir Dogs." There's the U-shaped counter with four seats per side, and a spinning pie chiller in the middle with Jif, Cheesecake Factory boxes, RediWhip, pies, and cinnamon rolls as temptation.

And take a looksie at the menu, a wonderful collection of all your favorite coffee shop options. Once I got my eyes focused, my taste buds kicked in. I went with this Rainbow Burrito, which was stuffed with spinach, bacon, avocado, tomato, eggs and cheese. Yum! The skillet fries with onions and peppers were equally delish.

Properly nourished and swimming in all the feel-good hormones, I wondered back for Lovey. She received a couple of Band-Aids and a clean bill of health. Woohoo!!

Pat & Lorraine's does not have a Web site. Their street address is 4720 Eagle Rock Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90041 and phone (323) 257-7926.

No comments:

Post a Comment