Friday, July 1, 2011

Sugar Fix

I was kicking the tires at the Apple Store in Old Town Pasadena, shopping for a new laptop. (Think about the blogging turnaround time then it actually happens, as I'm working on an eMac now.) July is a three paycheck month, and I'm reasonably comfortable financially to splurge. But, will it be MacBook Pro with a 13, 15, or 17 inch monitor? How much speed and storage can I rationalize? What new software will I need? Wireless printer? Can I finally get rid of the computer desk?

Needless to say, I needed a snackie afterward to get the blood recirculating. I needed a Sugar Fix, and luckily for me, there was one on the corner of Green and Raymond. I spotted it while dodging the Scientologists passing out tracts, on my walk back to the Schoolhouse parking structure.

As you may imagine, with all the Mac questions floating around my head, I was in no mental state to consider all the yummy lip-smackin' treats displayed. So I went with the chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting and bonus red, white and blue sprinkles (Happy Birthday, America!), and the lemon tea cake. To go. To scarf down at home. Where I could start thinking again about the computer desk and the wireless printer from the happy, sugar-fixed perspective. Stay tuned for final purchasing decisions...

Click here to go to Sugar Fix's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment