Thursday, December 2, 2010

Porta Via














Now that I'm committed (or should be committed for even considering another full!) to running the LA Marathon in March, I'll be needing some new carb-loading options. The antipasti plate at Porta Via in Pasadena is a perfect solution.

Here you see my four delectable selections: spaghetti with tomato, olive oil and garlic at 9 o'clock; penne arabbiata at top; tomatoes and garbanzo beans at 3 o'clock; and their ceci bean cous cous with cranberries, almonds, arugula, and orangey essence at bottom. You know I like the arabbiata sauce from my Rosti post, and that cous cous salad is now guest-starring in my dreams!

So bring on the 26.2 miles! I'll be more than fueled up by my new chums at Porta Via, especially since they sell these salads by the pound. Let's see how much weight I lose on this plan!

Click here to go to Porta Via's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment