Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Barn Burner BBQ











I drive by the Barn Burner in Pasadena almost every day. Lately, I've been noticing the "Closed for Renovation" signs and I'm trying to not freak out.

The Barn Burner (or Barn Burger as it teases in my mind) is an awesome Texas barbecue joint within walking distance of my apartment. If you haven't been, it actually is a barn. It used to be a feed store (yes, in Pasadena!) and was a antique mall when I moved to the 'hood almost 10 years ago. Now, it's a cheezily decorated joint with some tasty chow. I'm thinking they're renovating the cheeze, which will totally take away the fun.

Back to the burger: this was a tasty slab of beef with cheese and mushrooms I had for lunch a few weeks ago. Note the little basket of homemade potato chips for munching while waiting for your fries. They used to have buckets of shelled peanuts at the tables, but I'm thinking that was for dinner service. For some trailer-parkesque reason, it's entertaining to crunch open the peanuts and throw the shells on the floor.

Stay tuned for updates, and keep your fingers crossed that no one's messing with our Texas barbecue!

No Web site at this time. Street address is 1000 South Fair Oaks Avenue in Pasadena. Phone is 626-403-7427.

No comments:

Post a Comment