Monday, September 28, 2009

Oinkster

It's fun to say Oinkster. It's more fun to go for a "slow fast food" meal such as this pulled pork sandwich and Belgian fries with the accompanying garlic-mayo sauce. Slow meaning lots of love goes into the food before it whisks out to your table, and fast because their fries with that dipping sauce disappear lickedy-split!

I've been to Belgium and had fries. I'm assuming Oinkster doesn't fry theirs up in horse fat like they did in Brussels and Brugge, and I remember liking the mayo dip option right way. It's good to respark that tastebud memory in nearby Eagle Rock sans passport.

And here, for the whole world to read, I'll admit to losing the battle with the sandwich in my own Woman v. Food challenge. But the fries, and the garlic-mayo sauce, didn't stand a chance.

Click here to go to their Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment