Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Saladang and Saladang Song

I like to think about Saladang and Saladang Song as a big sister/
little sister relationship, with the sisters living next door to each other. Both have distinct characteristics, but they come from the same gene pool.

My favorite dish at each is made from the same basic ingredients: green apples and peanuts. Shown here is the apple salad from Saladang, with the green apples and peanut butter dressing with chicken. The Song version has chopped peanuts with gingery/limey dressing without chicken. Both are delicious variations of the other.

I have many friends who have a favorite between the two and won't go to the other. But don't ask me to make the call when it comes to favorites. Just like my Mom won't pick between her kids, I don't want to pick one over the other. Since they are next door to each other, I'll go to the one with the shortest line.

No Web site at this time. Saladang's street address is 363 South Fair Oaks, Pasadena 91105. Cross street is Del Mar. Phone is 626-793-8123. Saladang Song's street address is 383 South Fair Oaks, Pasadena 91105. Phone is 626-793-5200.

No comments:

Post a Comment