Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mo's Restaurant

If I haven't yet clarified this, I'm a big fan of a breakfast burrito. So when my running buddies suggested going to Mo's Restaurant in Burbank after training in Griffith Park, and I was assured breakfast was still being served, I happily loaded up the car and headed over.

The burrito was yummy with scrambled eggs, black beans, sausage and Mo's potatoes (garlicy mashed potatoes) inside and the home fries outside. I'm assuming that it had a proper post-run protein/carb refueling balance since my coach had one, too.

But, what I was pleasantly surprised to learn is that Mo's is associated with the old Hampton's Restaurant, home of the Foggybottom Burger (peanut butter and jelly atop a burger!), something I've been salivating for since my last one back in the '90s! And, it's on the menu at Mo's!! So, after my next marathon, I'm heading to Mo's for a Foggybottom. Forget the medals, it's all about the Foggybottom for "refueling" now!

Click here to go to their Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment