Monday, October 28, 2013

Lacy Park













I went to Lacy Park in San Marino hoping to see some fall leaves. But, much to my surprise, I saw these bearded irises, my absolute favorite flower!

In addition to the irises, I also saw tai chi fan routine practice, walkers and runners looping the three-quarter and mile paths, and families enjoying time together at the playground.

Lacy is a 30-acre park off Monterey and St. Alban. I like to run there, make a couple of loops, take advantage of the water fountain, and head back. It is open to the public for free on weekdays, with a entry charge on weekends for non-residents.

I did see one tree on the verge of coloring-up, so I'll have to go back. Can anyone recommend any other fall leaves?!

Click here for Lacy Park's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment