Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day of the Dead, 2013




















Day of the Dead, 2013. I haven't celebrated since 2010.  (Click here for that post.) Self Help Graphics has now relocated the festivities to Boyle Heights, with easy access from the Pico/Aliso Goldline station. It was great to be back!




















This year, instead of just gawking at the other attendees, I got my calaca on and had my face painted. I love the sparkles and the seemingly braces-inspired markings! Also, note my DOD ringer t-shirt. The designer took pictures, as she said she hasn't seen this t-shirt version in years!

I also checked out the altars and artwork, chowed on pupusas and pan de muerto, and heard some great music. I loved it! Who's with me next year?!

Click here for Self Help Graphic's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment