Friday, November 8, 2013

La Monarca Bakery




















I'm running errands, and I need to refuel before dealing with Trader Joe's and my other stops. La Monarca Bakery by the Mission Goldline station is the perfect solution! Here you see my chicken mole cazuela, with smashed pinto bean spread and Cotija cheese, on the crusty roll baked in-house. And the drink? Mango hibiscus tea. Delish!

La Monarca also has self-serve cases of pan dulce with concha rolls and other breads, plus trays of cookies and sweets at the counter. I tried the pumpkin empanada. Yum! While I was waiting in line, one of the crew members brought out warm-from-the-oven croissants and shared samples with everyone. Apparently, this is a regular activity, as one of the other patrons gave a "thanks, but no thanks, I had a slice earlier" reply to the kind offer.

South Pas is the fourth location, with other spots in Huntington Park, Commerce and Santa Monica. I can't yet speak for the other shops, but this one is comfortable and welcoming, with colorful Day of the Dead and calaca-style artwork on the walls. It's a great addition to our little 'hood!

Click here for La Monarca's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment