Saturday, September 28, 2013

McCabe's Guitar Shop




















Do you know about McCabe's Guitar Shop on Pico in Santa Monica? McCabe's is a super cool Mom and Pop music store and performance space, dating back to 1958. When I lived in Venice, I went to concerts there frequently. I bought my first metronome from them. It was cool to return as a plus-1 to see the Del-Lords tonight in that little back room that may seat 150.

The Del-Lords are a rootsy rock band that just released an album after a 23-year hiatus. They are from the New York/New Jersey area, and I think I heard them while living there. That, or I'm really good at predicting their lyrics! So, you're rocking out to the band, and the walls are covered with all sorts of stringed instruments. I've always thought that was fantastic!

Check out McCabe's show schedule, and go see a show. Trust me, you can't go wrong!

Click here for McCabe's Web site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment