Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sweetsalt Food Shop


















When it's this blasted hot, BLTs always sound good. After a quick internet search, Sweetsalt on Riverside in Toluca Lake - on my drive home as a bonus - came to the top of the list. From the menu, I knew my BLT wasn't going to be anywhere close to standard white bread. Bring it on!

Sweetsalt is one of those restaurants where you order your food, grab a seat and patiently await the delivery of your food. (I got mine to go.)  Here you see my Kumquat BLT with kumquat marmalade, goat cheese, applewood smoked bacon, lettuce and tomato on ciabatta with the side of good lettuces. Deeeelicious!!

I also got an heirloom tomato/watermelon/feta/arugula salad for lunch tomorrow, lavender shortbread and a chocolate/peanut butter whoopee pie to sample tonight. All had fun flavors playing off another, and all were fantastic. I'll be back. Who wants to join in?

Click here to go to Sweetsalt's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment