Saturday, March 16, 2013

Harvelle's










I've been jonesing for some Harvelle's. See, when I lived in Venice, I went to Harvelle's all the time. One of my friends was dating a bouncer there. I won't say I got in free, but I will say I got regular up-close seating arrangements for lots of great shows. Since I don't have to work tomorrow, tonight's the night!

Blowin' Smoke Rhythm & Blues Band with their horn section, plus guitars, keyboard and drums backing up the trio of female vocalists rocked the house! It was like old times and just the kick in the pants to re-bluesify my life.

If you haven't been, Harvelle's Santa Monica location dates back to 1931, and it's the oldest live music venue on the Westside. The Long Beach location opened in 2011, and I'm looking forward to visiting it now, too. Who's getting their blues on with me?!

Click here for Harvelle's Web site.

Click here for Blowin' Smoke's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment