Monday, August 22, 2011

Sweet & Savory















I'm not sure how I heard about Sweet & Savory in San Marino, but I'm glad I did! I was heading to the Santa Anita Mall and wanted something other than food court options for lunch. Luckily, I pulled Sweet & Savory out of my mental Rolodex; they are conveniently located on Huntington Drive en route to my shopping.

Here's the result: brie and Granny Smith panini with spinach, cranberries and candied walnuts nestled inside. Savory, indeed! Unseen in the picture is the lemon miniature cupcake with frosting and a raspberry, and a cup of strawberry lemonade. Sweet, indeed!

In a "we're not in Indiana anymore" reality check, while I was enjoying my food, local moms were coming in to order lunches for their kids. Meals that are delivered to the schools (this is swanky San Marino, afterall). In my day, you either packed your own or went with the cafeteria's offerings. I was out of college before anyone delivered my lunch.

In any event, I'll be back to S & S. The caprese salad I sampled was delish, and their kale salad looked good, too. Then there's the breakfast menu and a whole bakery case. Yes, I'll be back.

Click here to go to Sweet & Savory's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment