Monday, August 8, 2011

Spitz
















I recently initiated a "fries once a month" limit to my diet. There were other components, like more salads in general and fewer cholesterol-challenging dishes. What it really means is that I have to be selective about the monthly splurge. For August, it will be these from Spitz in Eagle Rock, a decision I would readily make again!

I went with the Döner Combo, which is a sandwich, side and drink. You then get to personalize each component. I chose The Classic meat (combination of beef and lamb) with red onion, green pepper, cucumber, tomato, tzatziki and spicy chili sauce, in the Street Cart flavor style (adds garlic aioli inside, and lavash outside instead of bread), and the thin-cut seasoned fries. The real magic was the Street Cart dipping sauce. Absolutely delish!

OK, who wants to recommend some worthy fries for September?

Click here for Spitz's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment