Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sweet Butter
















Sweet Butter
is my newest fave restaurant in Sherman Oaks. They opened in November, and I predict a hearty future for them!

From the get-go, it is a winner. Great name, eye-catching location on Ventura Boulevard (between Van Nuys and Woodman), with outdoor seating. I've noted the tables have been full any time I passed by, and I totally understand why.

You enter their little marketplace/ordering station, and it is decision time. You can select from the menu, the ready-to-go boxes, or the day's specials. Then you choose a table, either on the sidewalk under the misters or an inside courtyard. If you know me, you know I was outside, checking out what everyone else ordered while patiently waiting my turn for delivery.

I went with the day-of specials: kale salad with cranberries, candied pecans and some cheese (I'm sure it was something fancy, but can't remember what!) and a crisp dressing, and a baguette with proscuitto, mozzarella and basil. Delish!! Sweet and savory!

I've already eyed the breakfast menu, and checked out the pastry case, too. Yes, we're going to be Sweet friends!

Click here to go to Sweet Butter's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment