Friday, February 4, 2011

Paula's Pancake House

Since I was at Pea Soup Andersen's, I absolutely HAD to swing by Solvang. If you don't know Solvang, it's a Danish community celebrating 100 years on California's central coast. It's pretty cheezy, with the windmills, (Check out my September 2009 post about the Self Realization Center. The whole town looks like that!) wooden shoes and storks for good luck everywhere.

Then there's the food. Since I was only having one meal there, I had to go with Paula's Pancake House, Solvang's original pancake joint. Here you see thin Danish-style pancakes with substantial chunks of medisterpolse (Danish-style sausage), and the fresh-squeezed OJ. I'm happy to share that stuffed between the two pancakes is a whole slab of sausage. YUM!!

And, note that I said one meal, as there was other serious snacking going on with bakeries galore in Solvang! Since I had to pick one, I went with Olsen's (conveniently located next door to Paula's) for the most awesome raspberry shortcake Pop-Tartish treat (see Fred's 62 post in November for Pop-Tart insights) and a chocolate-covered custard which fueled the drive to the next spot, which was....

Click here to go to Paula's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment