Friday, February 11, 2011

Gale's Restaurant

I was due for some giggles with several of my former NHM chums. Five of us (two current and two other former Natchers) cross paths in Pasadena. This time, Gale's Restaurant was the destination.

Gale's is on Fair Oaks, near the antique malls south of Del Mar. It's the cool glass-bricked building; once you eat there you won't drive past ever again. The food is Northern Italian style, where they start with the crusty bread for dipping in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Then there's the appetizers. Here you see my Pera, Gorgonzola e Speck, which was seasonal poached pears served with gorgonzola cheese, imported smoked prosciutto and a drizzle of balsamic syrup. Beautiful and delicious!

I followed it up with a super-thin crusted margherita pizza. Two-thirds of it came home with me for subsequent meals, and I ordered the small.

All the food on the table looked and smelled amazing! Of course, we had lots of laughter along with the catching up. It was a great reminder to get the gang together more often, AND to eat at Gale's!

Click here for Gale's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment