Friday, November 26, 2010

Fred 62













I know, it's another salad. But this Fred 62 Thai Cobb salad had a legitimate purpose.

What I really wanted was the Hunka Hunka Burnin' Love Pancakes with, you guessed it, peanut butter, chocolate chips and banana. But I also really wanted Fred 62's Punk Tart version of Pop-Tarts. I knew I couldn't rationalize Pancakes and Punk Tarts, so I want with the salad to lay the base for the tasty treat.

But this salad was more than just a foundation. It was spinach, shredded chicken, bacon, tomato, chopped eggs plus peanuts, sum tam, green papaya salad with fried wontons and spicy Thai dressing! It came out in an impressive square shape on a chilled plate to boot. Dang, it was gooood!!

Then came the Punk Tart selection: apple or the special pumpkin version. Rationalizing that pumpkin is really a vegetable, I went with the punkin' Punk Tart à la mode. YUM!! Now I haven't had a Pop-Tart in probably 20 years, but this one snapped me right back to every slumber party I went to as a kid. Every bit as good as the original!

Now that I've sold you on the Punk Tart, who wants to meet up for those pancakes?! I think it's a sharing/splitting opportunity!

Click here to go to Fred 62's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment