Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fab Hot Dogs














I have a friend who's a total devotee to Guy Fieri's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives." He and his wife invited me to join the club and try one of Guy's local dives Fab Hot Dogs in Reseda.

Fab Dogs is the home to the Ripper, the deep-fried hot dog. Although intrigued, I was more inspired by the Spicy Redneck (as usual, I ordered the most compelling food name). This dog was fabulous: grilled and wrapped in bacon, topped with chili, slaw and jalapenos!

The joint was jumping, and it was mouth-watering to watch other orders pass by our table. Guy's image was everywhere. Apparently, Fab Dogs was a real hole-in-the-wall pre-Guy, then after the show aired, all of Los Angeles had to have one. They're now in a strip mall on Victory, with lots of parking and ample seating. Check them out and let me know which hot dog name gets you!

Click here to go to Fab Dog's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment