Friday, July 23, 2010

A Runner's Circle

I've often said that it takes a village to complete a marathon. (I've done three fulls, five halves, and I'm training for my next half in October. I kinda know what I'm talking about.) You gotta have coaches for directions and leadership, team mates for support and encouragement, and gear for the logistics. When it comes to gear guidance, there is no better place than A Runner's Circle (ARC) on Los Feliz for everything running related. In fact, their tagline is "We make running easier..." and they do.

For starters, good shoes are essential to complete your event wanting to do more. The staff at ARC takes the time to get to know you and what you're training for before even talking shoes. They do a gait analysis and recommend the best shoes for your natural stride. What always cracks me up is they remember BOTH shoes that I use. They'll ask "Mizuno Nirvana or Asics Kayano this time?" Now that's service!

In addition to the in-store attention, they also provide water stops on weekends in Griffith Park, sponsor two "fun runs" throughout the week, and show up at lots of community races and events. ARC is basically creating a running village! Come on, what are you waiting for?!

Click here to go to A Runner's Circle's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment