Wednesday, July 14, 2010

El Cholo Mexican Restaurant















El Cholo
is a classic mom-and-pop restaurant that has grown to multiple locations while keeping the food real!

I'm lucky enough to be within walking distance of the Pasadena one. At least for now, I should say. They are moving to the Paseo in October. If I did emoticons, there would be a sad face inserted here. That means I need to enjoy their Green Corn Tamales while they are still in the 'hood!

If you haven't had this specialty, log off your computer and go! Don't let reading about it stop you from going! Only available May to October when the corn is fresh, these are melt-in-your-mouth tamales with corn masa, cheddar cheese and ortega chile. Need I say more?

Although the Pasadena restaurant is separate from the other locations, the tradition continues with the same family serving up the delicious food. I'm sure I'll keep going once they relocate, it'll just be a longer walk home afterwards.

Click here to go to El Cholo's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment