Saturday, July 10, 2010

Amir's Falafel

Before I knew Zankou Chicken, I knew Amir's Falafel in Studio City. When I moved to LA more than 20 years ago, I lived in Toluca Lake/North Hollywood/Studio City, depending on which utility company was making the decision. Amir's was close by, and their food was cheap and tasty!

Once I left the area, I forgot all about Amir's. Today I was early for a meeting on Coldwater, so I cruised around the old 'hood. Amir's was still there, in the strip mall at the corner of Ventura and Colfax with crappy parking, like time had stood still. Lucky, time has been good to Amir's as their food was just as good as I remembered!

Here you see my hummus plate with falafel, yummy cucumber and tomato salad and pita bread. It was fabulous, and I was stuffed to the gills! Thanks for the memories, Amir's, and I'll make an effort to get back on a more frequent basis.

Amir's Falafel does not have a Web site. Street address is 11711 Ventura Boulevard in Studio City. Phone is (818) 509-8641.

No comments:

Post a Comment