Sunday, October 25, 2009

Peach Cafe

Peach Cafe in Monrovia is another one of those places I get a hankering for, as I can't get one of their specialties anywhere else.

At Peach Cafe, it is their hickory-maple waffle, with the bacon crumbles and syrup sealed inside during cooking, then sprinkled with powdered sugar and strawberries. Each mouthful is a surprise: will this bite have a bacon chunk or will the syrupy goodness dominate? Either way, it is a winning forkful! This is the half order with a side of fruit. Fruit = pretending I'm going to eat healthy.

Peach Cafe has a full lunch menu in addition to the breakfast options. Today, they offered a "peasant lunch" with soup, cheddar cheese wedges and cornbread. YUM!! One of these day's I'll venture to the other dishes, but for now, I'm sticking with my hickory-maple waffle!

Click here to go to their Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment