Wednesday, December 30, 2015

5 Line Tavern











I'm running errands to prepare for New Year's Eve. I invited some friends over to check out the Rose Parade floats that line up on Orange Grove, and I need sparkling cider and other snackies to celebrate 2016. (Click here for my 2013 post.) After a Target run, I was driving home on Colorado when the hunger pangs hit. Today was the day to try out 5 Line Tavern.

It was during the lunch specials time, and I ordered a pizza and salad, assuming the portions would be small. This is what I got, both full orders! A $7 Kale Caesar Salad, with shaved parmesan cheese, focaccia croutons, and yummy dressing, and an $8 Italian Sausage Pizza, with fennel sausage, Italian sausage links, green bell peppers, and fresh basil. WOW, quite a spread for $15!! I plowed through the delicious salad, had two slices of the pizza, and took the rest of the pizza home for a second meal.

For sports fans, there were I think six big screens playing different games: football, basketball, golf, and poker matches. If I was a drinker, I'm sure I'd find plenty of beverages to sample. Instead, I look forward to working my way through the food.

Click here for 5 Line Tavern's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment