Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Glazed Donut Bistro




















I wrangled a friend to join me for a donut tasting at Glazed Donut Bistro, subtitled as Donuts for Grownups, on Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood. Remember my SK's Donuts & Croissants post with the joke about the maple bacon donut bracket? Well, here ya go!

So here you see the donut flight: peanut butter and jelly and maple bacon upfront, with Boston cream and s'mores in back.

My clear winner was the PB&J! The strawberry jam inside was worth the price of admission. Next would be the unique s'more with crack-worthy marshmallow filling. DELISH!! The Boston cream was tasty, but my heart (attack) will stay with Randy's long john version. And, I'm keeping the maple bacon nod with SK's, as I actually liked their donut base more. Rest assured, I'm open to further testing.

Glazed Donut Bistro also has a tempting savory menu, with fried chicken beignet and a pulled pork in a brioche donut. That will have to be a new bracket!

Click here for Glazed Donut Bistro's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment