Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Chi Dynasty

















It's Christmas Day. After a morning in Griffith Park for pipes practice, hiking and riding the Merry-Go-Round, it was time for some chow.

Like many Christmas orphans, Chinese food was on the menu. In the Chinese culture, Chinese New Year is the primary winter celebration, not Christmas, which means Chinese restaurants are usually open on Christmas. I learned this from "A Christmas Story" back in my youth and experienced it many times as an adult.

This Christmas, Chi Dynasty on Hillhurst was packed. I can understand why, because the food was delish! Here you see my Szechwan Garlic Sting Beans and Orange Beef over brown rice. So festive with the bright red plates! They also have a classy finger bowl of warm water with lemon for rinsing between courses at each setting. I look forward to more meals at Chi Dynasty, Christmas Day or otherwise!

Click here for Chi Dynasty's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment