Friday, December 6, 2013

Tea Rose Garden

What better way to shake off some Grincheyness than Christmas tea with a chum? I've strolled and drove past Tea Rose Garden on Raymond in Old Town Pasadena probably a gazillion time. Today I walked in, and I'll definitely return.

As you can see, we got to sit next to the huge tree, all gussied up for the holidays. We went with the English Tea service, where you get to select your tea, finger sandwich and scone, in addition to the green salad with edible flowers and little cookie for tea dipping. I choose English Breakfast tea, salmon and dill sammies, and candied ginger spice scone. Sweet and savory!

I liked that they used mix-and-match china cups and plates, so it was a totally unstuffy approach to this little indulgence. Tea Rose Garden is also a floral shoppe, so beautiful arrangements were being picked up, and it smelled wonderful.

So, maybe my Grinch heart didn't grow three times its size, but I think my tummy came close. Give it a try!

Click here for Tea Rose Garden's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment