Monday, May 14, 2012

Canoe House












I was bummed to see Wild Thyme on Fair Oaks boarded up and closed for business, as I was expecting a chain to move into the space and ruin the South Pas vibe. But, Wild Thyme's metamorphosis to Canoe House is a very good thing, indeed.

Canoe House works the Hawaiian theme with surfboards and beach/ocean images - think Island's decor but less booth-y. They use an innovative removable divider on the long tables, making the space adaptable for small and larger groupings. There is also a fire pit on the outdoor patio for another seating option.

Here you see my Kalua Pork Tacos (slow roasted pork with onions, tomatoes and cabbage drizzled with a cilantro lime cream sauce) that were absolutely delish! The crab cake appies with mango salsa really got the tastebud party started. I couldn't help but stare at the pork nachos and spare ribs on other patrons' plates, and those plates virtually licked clean. The burgers sound fabulous, but I'll have to be patient for the rest of this month. Aloha, Canoe House, I'll be seeing you again!

Click here to go to Canoe House's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment