Monday, March 5, 2012

Le Pain Quotidien














I know I said the birthday celebrating was over, but, hey, my company is still in demand!

A friend was running errands in Old Town Pasadena, and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to catch up. We decided to meet up at Le Pain Quotidien for some yummy brunch.

If you haven't been (there are 14 locations in southern CA), one fantastic detail is the long communal table that fills the space. Take the opportunity to chum with your dining neighbors, or choose a smaller table if you don't want to share conversation or the jam and Nutella-esque condiments.

I ordered the frittata special: butternut squash and goat cheese today, with green salad and crusty bread perfect for the apricot and raspberry jams. Delish! They also have some mouth-watering open-faced sandwiches - they are called tartines - plus soups and quiches. I could have taken a run at the pastry case, too, if I wasn't already stuffed! Keep in mind that they're more of a breakfast/brunch place as opposed to a dinner spot, so plan your arrival time accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment