Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Simon's Cafe














Yet another reason to dig Sherman Oaks: Simon's Cafe on Sepulveda, just south of Ventura. I've now hit 16 months at the Skirball; in that time, I've spent uncountable hours driving in and around the area while passing Simon's a gazillion times. Finally, I ventured in, and I'll definitely be back for more!

Here you see Simon's penne with freshly grilled eggplant. The smokiness of the aubergine combined with the chunky tomatoes was delicious! What you don't see are the internationally-inspired bookends to the entree: the borscht soup and the baklava dessert. Additionally, Simon has a whole Moroccan-side to his menu, and I'm salivating over the lamb dishes already. Who's on the road to Morocco with me?

Click here to go to Simon's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment